|Products | Downloads | Xen Hypervisor |
Xen ARM | Xen Cloud Platform | Governance | Solution Search
Xen Cloud Platform
What is the Xen Cloud Platform?
The Xen Cloud Platform (or XCP) is a turnkey open source virtualization solution that provides out-of-the box virtualization
and cloud computing. XCP includes the Xen Hypervisor, the enterprise ready Xen API toolstack and
integrations for cloud, storage and networking solutions. Additional functionality that is available in XCP includes:
For a complete list of features see the XCP Feature Matrix.
- VM lifecycle: live snapshots, checkpoint, migration
- Resource pools: flexible storage and networking
- Event tracking: progress, notification
- Upgrade and patching capabilities
- Real-time performance monitoring and alerting
- Built-in support and templates for Windows and Linux guests
- Open vSwitch support built-in
- Storage XenMotion® live Migration (cross-pool migration, VDI migration)
XCP consolidates server workloads, enables savings in power, cooling, and management costs and thus contributing to environmentally
sustainable computing, an increased ability to adapt to ever-changing IT environments, an optimized use of existing hardware, and
an improved level of IT reliability. See case studies for detailed Xen user studies or our
eco-system map for vendors, products, projects, services and research.
The Xen Cloud Platform is licensed under the
GNU General Public License (GPL2). For more
information check the Xen.org legal page.
XCP comes in two variants:
- The XCP ISO as available for download from Xen.org: This version of XCP
installs onto your host from an ISO, providing a complete enterprise-ready out-of-the-box server virtualization and cloud computing
platform after install.
- XCP toolstack packages (or XCP-XAPI packages) enable you to build an XCP-like environment from packages that are distributed
via your host operating system's package manager. XCP-XAPI packages are only available from supported Linux distributions
(currently Debian and Ubuntu). Using XCP-XAPI packages provides more flexibility in tailoring your environment to your needs,
but comes at the cost of less functionality and a more complex set-up.
For more information see XCP-XAPI for Debian based distributions and
You can find more information about XCP at
Presentations and videos
See more presentations and videos!